12 people were left and feared dead inside a deep mining pit after getting trapped located in Barangay Palabas, Paracale town in Camarines Norte Tuesday.
Out of 12 trapped miners, only three were recognized according to Raffy Alejandro, director of the Office of Civil Defense in Bicol region. The three recognized missing miners were identified as Carlo Salen, 37; Luis Sayson, 33; and a certain Jay-ar by the Camarines Norte provincial police.
“We have not recovered anybody so far. Those three are still missing but were confirmed to have been trapped in the pit,” said Alejandro in a buzz interview.
He said that the three were part of the 12 miners who were initially appearing missing.
Alejandro said seek and redemption teams are having a hard time entering the small pit which is about 200 anxiety deep.
Senior Supt. Juan Capinpin, administrator of the Camarines Norte badge said the mining operation is allegedly getting financed by an assertive Agosto Jordan.
“The miners were trapped due to the sudden influx of water from adjacent pit while they were conducting guerrilla type of mining operation,” said Capinpin.
The tragedy occurred at around 5 p.m. on Tuesday.
Small-scale mining operations are banned in the arena due to baleful accidents in the abundance site but bounded association abides to appoint in actionable mining to acquire a living.