Feast of the Black Nazarene threatens of a terrorist attack

feastoftheblacknazarene

A planning of terrorist attack on the Feast of the Black Nazarene may be possible as what the National Security Adviser Cesar Garcia said today.

Garcia said the government normally receives terror threats on a regular basis. However, the particular one aimed at Monday’s celebration cannot be taken lightly.

“This information about terrorist threats come and go almost with some degree of frequency… but this information has a higher degree of credibility than most of information that we have been getting,” Garcia told ANC’s Headstart.

“This is a threat we don’t take lightly, although we are still in the process of trying to validate the credibility of this information.”

For the past months there has been reported some 6 to 9 terrorists in Metro Manila. According to Garcia this plan isn’t a one night plan and was a product of a  long-term surveillance by counter-terrorist elements from the government.

“It’s a process, this does not come overnight, people have been piecing this information together, They came up with an idea that at least 9 people are involved in this particular conspiracy.”

Authorities have yet to determine if any of the identified terrorists have standing warrants of arrest. Last week also the President advised the public that as much as possible to celebrate the rites at home, if possible.

Nevertheless Garcia assured that the government is doing its best to ensure the safety of the devotees of the Black Nazarene.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>