Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte indicated that the Palace is receiving well the news of Justice Secretary Leila de Lima’s order tasking state prosecutors to conduct a fact-finding probe on the cause of the Glorietta blast shortly before the Christmas season three years ago.
The reinvestigation of the explosion that killed 11 persons and left more than a hundred people injured in October 2007 would be more discreet and wise than leaving the lingering questions go unanswered, Malacanang said last month.
Speculations like the findings point to a bomb attack by the alleged retired Army Col. Allan Sollano, who were one of the first to look into the Glorietta explosion, lead to the laying off of the case.This was in contrary to the official findings of the PNP point to a methane gas leak as the trigger of the explosion. The police’s findings were confirmed by experts from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation.
“The prosecutors shall review reports of investigative agencies made relative to the blast, assess and evaluate existing evidence, gather more evidence and take additional statements from witnesses as may be available and submit their report and recommendation thereon within 45 days from receipt of this order,” De Lima said in her department order dated Oct. 26.