Aquino told reporters here Tuesday night his emissary followed up the matter with Villar’s camp but received no response. He said Villar’s camp has so far been silent on the mechanics of their one-on-one debate.
“At some point in time kung ayaw niya, di ko na pag-aksayahan ng oras na hintayin siya sumagot. Mas mabuti kausapin ko ang aking supporters at maghanda para sa vote protection (At some point in time, I will no longer waste my time waiting for his reply. I would rather talk to my supporters to prepare to protect my votes this May),” he said.
Aquino said his camp already sent to Villar’s camp several proposals including the format, date and venue of the supposed debate, but they received no response.
“Sa ngayon klaro sa akin pinadala ko ang spokesperson namin ang emissary si Edwin Lacierda at twice ko tinanong I think in succeeding weeks ang feedback sa akin, walang response (To me it is clear, I sent our spokesman Edwin Lacierda and twice we asked about the feedback to our proposal. There has been no response),” Aquino said.