Nearly a week after receiving criticisms for raising the possibility of a military takeover in case of a failure of elections, a Malacañang spokesperson lashed out at media on Tuesday for starting it all.
In a radio interview, deputy presidential spokesperson Charito Planas said the media blew the entire matter out of proportion, as they were in a jumble to make “headlines.”
“Tinanong ako kung sakali magkaroon ng failure of elections, ano ang mangyayari at sinabi ko walang failure of elections. E, kaya lang ang media gusto mag headline gusto magtanong (I was asked what would happen if elections fail. I said, there was no chance of that. But the media wanted a headline, so they kept asking),” Planas told radio dzXL.
Planas said she repeatedly stressed at last week’s Palace interview that there will be no failure of elections.