Dengue cases rise in Negros Oriental; register two deaths

DUMAGUETE CITY, July 13 – The number of dengue cases in Negros Oriental rose by as much as 32.6 percent during the first six months of this year, the Department of Health here said.

Dr. Socrates Villamor, provincial DOH team leader, said the latest report as of July 8 showed that 574 persons, or 136 more than the 436 a year ago, were admitted in the three tertiary care hospitals in the city.

Two dengue-related deaths were also reported for this year so far, one each from the towns of Valencia and Basay.

Read more…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>