Let’s harvest water – now!

Water crisis is threatening the world, and the Philippines is not immune to it. As a matter of fact, the United Nation appears to be a notch more concerned about this than about global warming. And rightfully so, because water is life, and no water means no life on earth.

The Philippine archipelago, made up of 7,107 islands, is located in southeastern Asia, between the Philippine Sea and the South China Sea, east of Vietnam. The Philippines has a population of 91,077,287 and an adult literacy rate of 92.6 percent. Only about 85 percent has access to safe drinking water, the remaining 15 percent, which constitutes the 40 percent who are under the poverty line, does not. The median age is 22.7 years and the Infant Mortality Rate is 22.12 deaths per 1,000 live births. The Average GDP growth is about 5 percent between 2002 and 2006.

[Read Full Article]

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>